"...look after the orphans and widows in their distress..." James 1:27 Of the more than 700,000 children in Russia classified as being "without parental care," as many as one-third reside in institutions. Thousands more are temporarily quartered in various public shelters under police jurisdiction waiting for an available space in an orphanage. Thousands of children are abandoned to the state at a rate of 113,000/year.

Friday, October 13, 2006

So far so good. I have made from DFW to LGA and by cab to JFK; next stop Helsinki. I'm flying FinnAir which is only interesting because I have encountered a lot of people from Finnland while waiting here at JFK. The thing that is odd is that they all have spoken to me in English rather than Finnish... I guess I have some big sign that says HEY I'M AMERICAN! I try to blend when I travel, but apparently no matter what you do, if you are American everybody can tell.

I have about an hour to kill here so I may be back again soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Jim. Great to hear you're off to Russia. It takes a special type of person to do what you do. I'm looking forward to seeing your updates on the blog. Be safe and do your work for the Lord. We all know you're good at it!
BTW, is your Skype username jim.kirk? That name shows to be in Dallas so I'm not sure. You may want to post it so whoever installs Skype can add you.
Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing the updates.

Michael & Amanda Short

3:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home