"...look after the orphans and widows in their distress..." James 1:27 Of the more than 700,000 children in Russia classified as being "without parental care," as many as one-third reside in institutions. Thousands more are temporarily quartered in various public shelters under police jurisdiction waiting for an available space in an orphanage. Thousands of children are abandoned to the state at a rate of 113,000/year.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

My New Girlfriends (Sorry Stephanie)
These are my new best friends from the baby home in Lomonosov. The first one is Katia and the second is Anya. This is my third day working with these children and they are starting to warm up to me and the rest of us working here. Its great when you see in their eyes that they recognize you and are even happy to see you. Don't let the picture of Anya fool you she was having a good time today. It took me 3 days to get this smile out of Katia and Anya just isn't going to give her smiles to just anyone.
I need to spend a lot more time telling you all about this place and I will have to link to some other photos because I cannot post them all here. What I can tell you is that these children all need love and lots of it. It is going to kill me to see them for the last time tomorrow knowing that I may never know what will become of them. There are a lot of very special children who who I will introduce you to over time so keep coming back even after I get back from Russia. I want to post what I can about this baby home and children that I met.
Пока (bye)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home